SPECIFIC WORK DURING THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER 2017 FOR THE I-93 AT ROUTES 110 AND 113 INTERCHANGE RECONSTRUCTION – METHUEN ROTARY PROJECT IS PROVIDED BELOW ALONG WITH HOURS OF WORK AND LANE CLOSURES.
During the month of November, the following activities will continue on the I-93 at Routes 110 and 113 Interchange Reconstruction – Methuen Rotary project:
- The project will operate day and night shifts during the month
- Continue to work on lighting on Route 110/113
- Complete work on traffic signals project - wide
- Continue to excavate for permanent sedimentation and infiltration basins
- Continue installing curbing and sidewalks
- Pave sections of Route 110/113 east and west of I-93
- Pave bridges on I-93 Southbound and I-93 Northbound
- Pave on and off ramps
- Install permanent signs
- Continue installing guardrail and fencing
- Continue with landscaping
- Install Milled Rumble Strips on I-93 Northbound and I-93 Southbound
Work hours on the project are:
- For daytime work on I-93 – 5:30 am to 5:30 pm
- For nighttime work on I-93 – 6:00 pm to 5:30 am
- For daytime work on local roads – 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- For nighttime work on local roads – 6:00 pm 5:30 am
- Single lane closures can be expected on I-93 Northbound from 5:30 am to 2:00 pm days and from 8:00 pm to 5:30 am nights
- Single lane closures can be expected on I-93 Southbound from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm days and from 6:00 pm to 5:00 am nights
- Double lane closures can be expected on I-93 from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am. Single lane closures and/or detours can be expected on local roads at any time.
Signs, traffic control devices, temporary detour signs and variable message boards will be used to guide drivers through the work zone.
MassDOT encourages drivers to reduce speed and use caution while approaching and traveling through the work zone and to allow for extra time through this area during all periods of the day and night. All work is weather dependent and is subject to change without notice.
Click here for the latest list of construction accomplishments.
More information about the progress on this project from MassDOT.