As it is currently designed, the Methuen Rotary on I-93 at the Route 110/Route 113 Interchange operates at a failing service level. The current layout lends itself to dangerous merges that contribute to a crash rate 7½ times higher than the statewide average.
Over the next four years, the Methuen Rotary will be reconfigured with a partial cloverleaf interchange to address traffic congestion and safety concerns.
Additionally, the Methuen Rotary construction will:
- Build or realign four I-93 on- and off-ramps
- Build a new I-93 southbound loop on-ramp and northbound loop off-ramp
- Realign Route 110/113
- Build new signalized intersections East and West of the interchange on Route 110/113
- Rebuild existing city-owned signalized intersections at Forest Street/North Lowell Street (Route 113) and Burnham Road/Green Street/Haverhill Street (Route 110)
- Improve pedestrian and bicycle accommodations